Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sweet Spiked Smoothie

So, there is a reason I have been slacking on my posts, I pinkie promise...

I am moving! Well in the process..

Now, everyone has moved at some point in their lives (this being my 6th time) but everyone know what a pain in the you know what it is.  I think I have gotten a better workout moving around boxes, unpacking boxes, and walking up an insane amount of staircases than I have ever gotten at my gym.  I'm serious, moving is work.

Hard work.

Anyways, I have been living off of take-out for the past week because I obviously have no time for cooking and if I never saw another take-out menu again, my life would be absolutely A-okay.

I finally decided since I was spending my summer moving my life out of boxes and not laying out in the sun on a beach somewhere tropical, I deserved something tasty and delicious.

This sweet "spiked" smoothie is taaaasty.  It makes this stressful experience actually relaxing.

But that may just be the rum talking...

Anyways, regardless if you are moving or not, make this.  I promise, it will make your evening feel like you are on a tropical island in paradise... even if you are not like me.  (Whom is in the complete opposite of paradise as I stare at the 1000 boxes waiting to be unpacked.)

Oh well, at least I have this drink.



Ingredients: 
10 strawberries, hulled and chopped
3/4 cup watermelon, seedless and chopped
2 nectarines, seeded, skin removed, and chopped
1/2 cup light cran-raspberry juice
9 oz Malibu rum (you can add as much or as little or you want- or make 'em virgin!)
2 cups, ice

Directions:
Chop all fruits and add to blender.


Add juice, alcohol, and ice.


Blend on high or "smoothie" control depending on blender until thick.  You may need to add more ice and in that case, pour some drink out in a cup and add more ice.  Blend again.  Pour and garnish with fruit!


No comments:

Post a Comment